Thursday, January 2, 2020

Recap and Looking Forward to.

Hi!
It's been a while not updating this blog especially during the long holidays.
So let's recap a bit on 2019 and what I am expecting on 2020.

2019.
2019 was a year where I had a mix of emotions throughout the year.
Ranging from being happy to being stressed at work and studies.

Happiness.
I found my happiness in my work and studies despite the occasional complaints of how tiring it is to juggle between two.
Work has been great and led me to learn as well as experience new ventures.
I got to go out a lot, travel to different parts of the state for work demands, sleep in various hotels and most importantly, learning to embrace this solo spirit through work demands.
I am glad that my colleagues were really helpful and have been the drive for me to be sane when dealing with so much work demands.

Unappreciated.
2019 was also a year where I felt unappreciated by my pupils.
Despite how much I have sacrificed for them and seeing them getting good results,
I thought I would at least received a simple "thank you" or a little gift from them as a token of appreciation,
but nothing.
I was quite upset and demotivated at the end of the day before I reminded myself that my main goal of teaching is to see changes amongst the weaker ones,
those who none believe could pass in the killer subject of English Language,
and though unappreciated, I am still proud of them who passed the subject despite my constant nagging, threatening, scolding and glaring.

Stress.
I was quite stressed out this year due to assignments.
The difficulty of juggling my time between work, assignments as well as my procrastination has actually taken a toll on myself,
which ended up on me being an emo freak or having mood swings.
And honestly, all those emo post is actually not dedicated to anyone,
it's the side effects of all the waves of workloads and assignments and papers to write in order to graduate in 2020.

Last but not least, self discovery.
2019 is the year where I stopped thinking or searching the love of my life.
Instead, I put it aside and placed my whole focus on my self development in work and studies.
And honestly speaking, though at times, it felt great but there are also times when loneliness strikes.
But it is through these loneliness and self discovery that made me realise that rushing into things won't make things happen after all.
It also made me realise that no matter how much I love a person, once he has turned his back on me, it is time for me to turn my back on him too.
Therefore, I told myself that I deserve someone better,
and I decided not be chosen, but to be the chooser.
I have also decided to let things go with the flow and focus on loving as well as prioritising myself first.

Therefore, 2019 was indeed a great year and I am happy to end the chapter of 2019 with good vibes.
2020.
I am looking forward to all the unknown ventures,
unknown conquests,
unknown experiences and new things,
unknown people,
and unknown relationship.

May 2020 be a great year for you and me!

Jenny~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;