Friday, April 16, 2021

29.

29.
I remember my previous birthdays were always celebrated alone at home with my own home-cooked food and a slice of cake that I bought for myself.
I remember the happiest day was 5 years ago when my pupils made a surprise party for me,
and showered me with lots of love and gifts too.
After that, it was a mundane celebration where I celebrated by having lunch with my colleagues,
and then home alone on that day.
I remember the birthday which was celebrated on top of the hill, waiting for sunset but ended up a rainy day,
I thought that would be the last thing someone would ever do for me,
and that my upcoming birthdays would be celebrated with me, myself and I.

Years passed by and as I expected the same thing to happen again this year,
it didn't.
Life is always filled with unexpected surprises and twists.
And yes, I agree.
This year, I am blessed with lovely birthday wishes from colleagues and friends from every part of the country.
This year, I received 3 cakes from my best friend, boyfriend and my kids.
This year, I received my first bouquet of flowers and a tiny pot of flowers which are my favourite kinds.
This year, I was able to not cook for myself and served with yummy food despite getting take away due to Covid.
This year, I received my very first handwritten letter from my other half.
And this year, my birthday has been the happiest day of my life,
and all thanks to those who celebrated with me indirectly and directly.

To my best friend,
thank you for the cake, baby breath and the video despite how it showed my past pictures. 
To my colleagues and friends from all over the country,
thank you for remembering and blessing me with lovely wishes.
To my parents,
thank you for giving birth to me into this world despite how you always told me the story of me not wanting to come out to the world as easily as you always expect it to be.
and to my other half,
thank you for making me the happiest woman that night with all your lovely gifts, food, cupcakes,
and most important, your attention and time for me.
You do not know how much it meant for me when you gave me all your attention and time.
Thank you love.

Jenny~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;