Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day was a week ago,
and here I am, writing a belated post about it.

Valentine's Day is a a day that was specially dedicated for couples, married or in a relationship,
to celebrate the presence of another significant person in their lives.
A day where the females will be lavished with big bouquets of roses,
boxes after boxes of chocolates,
expensive branded gifts,
and a lot of sweet words as well as promises from their significant halves.

That's how I look at Valentine's Day for the past few years.
Valentine's Day should be done like this, like that,
and it should be a day where the singles like me should stay at home,
binge watching dramas,
and cry myself to sleep because I just don't have another half to lavish me with all those stuffs,
while scrolling on IG and Facebook, envying why they are so lucky and I'm not.

That was in the past.
This year, I don't take heed of Valentine's Day.
Nor do I wished anyone a Happy Valentine's Day.
And the main reason was,
we don't need a specific day to celebrate the bonds that we have created with people around us.
We don't a specific day to show our loves to other people,
nor do we need to use materials to prove our loves.
All we need is their companionship,
and time.

And I am lucky that I was surrounded by people that I love and love me during that day,
which were my family, and friends who constantly made sure that I am being heard.
Therefore, go and celebrate Valentine's Day,
but don't be sad if you don't have another half to celebrate with.
Always remember that there is always that someone whose like you,
waiting to meet the special you,
and walk along the path together.
Happy belated Valentine's Day to all of you, dear readers.

lots of love,
Jenny~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;