Monday, July 23, 2018

Left too soon

This morning, I was awaken by a phone call from my PK1.
She asked me about my extra class that was held today before breaking the news to me,
I was trembling and shaking when I heard that one of my closest male colleagues has left us.
I kept asking whether it was true and told my PK1 to re-confirm the news before posting it in our group.
I couldn't think straight and I sat there, hoping that this news was just a dream.
But when she posted and confirmed the news,
my heart broke into pieces and couldn't stop myself from crying.

He was a great teacher,
someone who puts all his effort trying to complete his work on time,
he was an active person, always smiling and said hi to me whenever we passed one another.
He was a great father,
someone who takes care of his son well and always be there for his son.
He was a great friend,
someone who shared his worries and stress with me,
someone who understood the word anxiety and depression as both of us went through and is still trying to cope it,
someone who never complains and always makes jokes to keep us entertained no matter where we are,
someone who always advise me about relationship,
and someone who listens to me whenever I needed someone to talk to.

Just the thought of him,
and looking at his place,
and looking at his pictures and videos made me teared up again and again,
I regretted deleting his last chats with me where he sent me his voice notes instead of text messages.
I will miss seeing his smiles and politeness,
talking to him in our Sabahan accents,
teasing him and his constant "Hi" everytime we meet,
and his deep faith in God.

Rest well, my friend.
You did not leave us empty-handed, but you have left us with the most precious moments to be remembered.
Thank you for everything, Cg. James.

Jenny~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;