Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Closure

Today is the day where I have shed the most tears for this year.
Arrived at school and not able to see the usual car parked beside me for almost a year,
Entering the staffroom and not able to see the familiar back,
Went to the assembly hall and couldn't see the familiar tall guy whose always looked smart in his suit and smiles,
Not listening to his voice as well as his Sabahan accent the whole morning,
I couldn't adjust myself with it and caught myself crying at all times.
During the assembly when the news were told to the school,
I couldn't help it but hid in one corner with my tears flowing endlessly.
It was the day that I have shed the most tears in school,
and even talking bout it would make me start to cry again.

In the afternoon, my colleagues and I decided to pay our last respect to him at his home,
and the whole way to his place,
I was filled with worries and anxiety of how I am able to manage myself emotionally.
And when we reached there,
I went up and looked at him for the last time.
He was at peace.
He was resting well with a smile.
And I believe that he is now in a better place.

Closure is what I seek after I went to pay my last respect.
Therefore, this post will be one of the posts that would always keep him in my memory for a great length of time.
I hope that by reading this post 5 years later or 10 years later,
I would still be able to smile and recall all the conversations, memories and moments we have spent together.
Rest well, my dear friend.
You have worked hard and well, and it is time for you to rest well.
Thank you appearing in my life,
and being there at one point of time.
Thank you for listening to me when I needed,
and always giving me words of wisdom and encouragement.
Thank you for always giving me the familiar Sabahan homely feelings,
and always there to tell me about my second hometown.
And thank you for being the perfect guy that I wish I would be able to meet someday,
and for always being so cheerful till the end.
Thank you for everything, Cg. James.

Jenny~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;