Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Unfair

There are times when I felt unfair,
unfair on why some people could easily complain and get excused in work,
unfair on how people who don't really work still get recognition while those working their asses off aren't getting any,
unfair on why these people are still sitting in the office "working" while complaining about their work,
unfair on why they could simply use the terms such as "burnout", "stress" and "couldn't sleep at night" just because of an upcoming competition.

I am not a perfect person,
some people say that I am a crazy workaholic lady who takes upon all kinds of jobs,
but mind you,
I dont work for recognition,
I dont work for the sake of achieving fame,
I work for the sake of my school and my pupils,
I make things happen because I wanted to try new challenges,
I create new things in school because I have faith that things would work out even if it means that I have to stay back at school every afternoon,
I accept jobs because I was not given any choice to,
I tried rejecting jobs but who am I to say no when my big boss trusts me with more and more responsibilities each day.

There are days when I wished I could just stop and rest,
Days when I wished I could just go back home and sleep,
Days when I wished I don't have to do anything but to teach.
But I know that I couldn't stop myself from working.
Work has became my current obsession.
My place to escape reality.
My place to escape from the constant overthinking about things.
And my toxic happiness.

Therefore, before you complain about your endless work,
please step into someone else's shoes before even dare to declare that you are burnout.
Your attitude is what burns you down.
So walk the talk,
be the role model that you wish to be remembered with,
and not the person who only knows how to complain, reprimand and talk bad about someone else's work or achievements.

Jenny~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;