Saturday, March 2, 2019

Strangers with memories

I always imagined myself meeting you,
in different kind of situations,
in different kind of moods.

I always imagined myself being angry,
being cold,
being warm and happy,
expecting something in return when we meet.

But who would ever knew I would meet you,
in real life,
the other day?
It was devastating as someone you knew so well,
someone you have created so much memories with,
is now a stranger in front of you.

If you asked me how did I react with it,
I could tell you that my heart skipped a beat when I saw you from far.
I smiled even though I did not look into your eyes.
I thought that though we might no have contacted one another,
you would still remember me as a friend.
But you walked on, not noticing me,
and my smile disappeared.
I looked at my phone,
and thought of only one thing.

Why should I let the past to bother my present?
I am happy with the current situation,
I am happy with the peace that I have found from distancing myself from toxic relationships,
I am happy that I am loving myself, instead of hoping for attention from someone else to make me complete.
And with that thoughts,
I stood up at the end of the meeting and left,
without turning my back.

I drove away,
and telling myself that there is no point of waiting or even be sad about someone who have long ago replaced me with someone or something else.
I drove away,
heading to my comfort zone: work.

When your presence has left me with no feelings of pain or happiness,
When your presence has left me undisturbed,
and when your presence has left me with not even an inch of hope that you will be back into my life,
be known that you have now belonged to my past,
and now a stranger with memories.

Jenny~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;