Saturday, November 23, 2019

Holidays

Holidays.
Finally, the long awaited break has eventually arrived.
And as usual, everyone is excited with the long break,
excited with their upcoming travel plans, or just spending their time with their families,
but not for me.

For me,
holidays mean studies.
And yes, I am now in my final semester of my Masters journey,
and I am still in the midst of completing my project paper which has been put off for several months due to hectic workloads.
Therefore, this long break is going to be filled with lots of heartaches and stress to complete as well as hand in the necessary tasks before really going off for a break.

Unlike other people, I am always feeling down when it comes to holidays.
The feeling of being at home alone,
with no one to talk or laugh with,
with no one surrounding me and making feel accompanied,
makes me at times dread for holidays, especially long ones.

Holidays also remind me of someone.
Time passes and he still lingers in my mind.
Time passes and his presence, smile and those conversations still hitting the replay button in my head.
And only work could pause and eliminate these old aches.
Save me from plunging deeper into this dark pit of workloads,
Save me from continuously seeking my way into this dark pit of workloads,
Somebody save me.

Jenny~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;