Thursday, August 25, 2016

I realised

Social medias have been one of our needs.
Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram and all the other apps,
are like a must in our phones as well as in our lives.

From the blue ticks,
From the likes,
From the hearts,
we often forget that those things dont really resemble anything.

I am one of the social medias addict,
that can be easily swayed by feelings,
when messages with blue ticks are not replied,
when pictures or status shared do not received any likes,
from selfies that do not receive any hearts.

I became someone whose unhealthy.
I thought people ignored me or thinks that I am annoying when my messages in Whatsapp are not replied,
I thought I am not pretty or inspirational enough when no likes were given in Facebook,
I thought I am ugly when no hearts were given in Instagram,
but the fact is,
all these are wrong.

I am thankful that #butterworks production as well #themingthing which is both Singapore and Malaysian based youtubers, have made videos to remind all of us,
that the closer we are in social medias,
the further apart we are in real lives.
When I reflected back on my hangouts with my friends,
I found that we rarely communicate in these social medias,
and yet, we talked so much when we are out.

So, a gentle reminder to myself as well as everyone out there,
the blue ticks, hearts and likes do not signify anything in our lives,
take some time to go out,
enjoy the littlest thing around us,
Initiate small talks rather than only through social medias.
And create closer bonds in real lives.

Jenny~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;