Saturday, August 19, 2017

Songs

I remembered reading a short post about how songs can remind us of our feelings.
They say, instead of taking pictures during our vacation or trips,
listen to one particular playlist or song will remind us of the memories created.
I doubted it at first,
but right now, I think it started to take its effect.

I remembered during my post-breakup moments,
I have been playing one song on repeat,
and now, when I listened back to the song,
it reminded me of how broken I was last time.

I remembered in the beginning of the year where I was really down,
where everything starting from my career to my friendship and relationship was off,
I was listening to the ost for a Korean drama repeatedly,
and everytime right now, 
listening back to those songs reminded me of how down I was at that moment,
where everyday, I would wrap myself in a blanket and drowned myself with tears.

And now, I started to avoid from listening to any songs during my bad times,
I dont want to etch a lasting memory of those sadness in a song,
instead I want to create happy memories with the songs that I listened.
Feelings as well as memories are also like songs,
sometimes when we think we have it all forgotten,
one little incident or event or even a song,
will bring back all those memories and feelings to the reality.

And it is really up to us to face it and move on,
or stay in it and drown ourselves.
Yes, it is indeed easier said than done,
but there are times when I am really down,
I would think to myself,
how long do I want to be in this condition?
Looking at how easily one can be gone,
it made me appreciate of my time and life.
And I shouldn't waste it by crying over things that I have no control in.

Stand back up, Jen.
You have ample of time ahead,
and you don't know when will it end.
Be strong, do what you can do now,
and be happy when you still can.

Jenny~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;