Saturday, May 2, 2020

Things you shouldn't say.

Things that you shouldn't say to a person who is struggling emotionally inside.
When someone tries to talk to you about their feelings,
you shouldn't tell him/her that he/she is the cause of your headache.
That what he/she is feeling or thinking right now is causing you frustrated.
You should never make it as if its that person's fault for feeling that way or thinking that way.
You do not know the damage that you have done to your other half.

It is not easy trying to be strong emotionally and physically.
We can hit the gym or do all sorts of workouts to make us physically strong,
but it is different when it comes to emotional well being.
You can see someone's wound physically,
but you will never be able to see someone's wound when it is inside their heart.
He/she might be smiling,
but inside, no one knows what kind of monster is being created.
How much fury and frustrations that he/she is feeling,
which would lead to negative thoughts and eventually, self harm.

I knew how it feels,
because I am in it.
No one knows how scary it is when I get anxiety or panic attacks middle of the night.
No one knows how scary it is when I can't even speak out during those attacks.
No one would understand the fear that I am still experiencing from time to time,
and how much I tried to calm myself during those attacks.
It isn't like I could control it,
nor could I defeat it at one go.
All I need is someone who could listen to me,
who could tell me that I am okay,
that I am not sick,
that everything is going to be okay.
Someone who said it not out of impatience,
but because he/she knows how it feels when those attacks are happening.

It takes just a few minutes to sit and listen.
Those few minutes would meant a lot to those including myself who is still in this battle.
Please don't blame or make us feel that we are at fault for feeling such ways.
It was never our decision to develop such feelings and fears.
We are frustrated as well,
and we also want to be free and positive like you.
Lend your ears,
Be at one another's sides during these difficult times,
and assure us that everything is going to be okay.

Everything is going to be okay.

Jen. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;