Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Little things

Little things.
When I was a little girl, I always thought that people in love should do big things to prove their love.
They should always buy their loved ones flowers,
or chocolates and teddy bear,
or buying expensive gifts,
or bring them to expensive restaurants and give them a treat,
just to show their love and caring sides.

As I grew up, I realised that it's not the big things that matter the most.
It's always the little things that warm up our hearts.
Looking back at all the things that I have done,
I realised that I smiles a lot when I thought back of all the little things that I have done,
or people have done for me.
I realised that it's all these little things that build up good memories,
and warms up our hearts to know that,
out there, there are people who love and care for us.

Don't get me wrong about the word "love" here.
I don't mean love as in a couple love, or relationship love.
I mean love in a bigger perspectives.
When my mom makes me my favourite food when I'm back for holidays,
that's love.
When my dad turns on the TV and asks me to watch a movie together with him,
that's love.
When my best friend texted me and talked about random stuffs and laughed at how stupid those topics are, that's love.
When my friend brings me out and we talked from the littlest thing to the reality of life, and randomly do stuffs,
that's love.
Even when my friend offered me his piece of food because mine was too hot to eat,
that's love.
And when God puts me into various types of situations and moments,
I know that's His love to me.
Love comes in a lot of faces and it's not always the romantic ones.
And I am extremely thankful for all the types of loves that I am experiencing.

It's these little things that matter.
Flowers, teddy bears, chocolates, expensive treats and presents,
is no longer a necessity for me.
Time, laughter, caring for one another, and most importantly, listen.
These are now my necessities for love.
And I am thankful to those around me that opened my eyes,
to see and always be grateful that,
I am indeed loved.

Jenny~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;