Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Sorry? Okay.

I'm sorry for hurting you.
I'm sorry if I have hurt you.

Both started with the word, "sorry",
but which one comes from the heart?

If you are sorry for what you have done,
you were supposed to say the first one.
But if you think you didn't do anything wrong and merely apologised for what you think was wrong,
then the latter suits you.

Honestly, 
when you said the latter to me,
I thought that this is the right time for me to again remind you on my pain,
the pain of being ghosted,
the pain of holding so much hope and eventually being let down,
the pain of not being recognized in the public despite being so close once upon a time,
and the pain of being left without any apparent reasons. 

But I erased it.
Because I have finally moved on.
There were no resentment when I read the message.
There were no more hurt or pain that I thought I would feel.
I was no longer reminded of the past,
and most importantly, I was able to carry on with my daily routine without being bothered much.

And that's why, I answered, okay.
Okay, I am no longer trapped in the loop of being hurt again and again by my own thoughts.
Okay, I am moving on.
Okay, you are now just an acquaintance that I will only reach to if necessary for career purposes.
We both have our own lives now,
therefore, okay.
I am finally done with this.
I am finally okay.

Jenny~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;