Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Lucky.

Lucky is a word that I have been using always,
whenever I see good things happening to others and not on me,
I would say,
"Aawww, ur so lucky!"
whenever good things happen to me and people were giving me praises,
I would say,
"Aawww, I was just lucky!"

But does everything really happen because that someone is lucky or I am lucky?
Does people get into relationship with someone good because he or she is lucky?
Does people who earned awards and recognitions because he or she is lucky?
Does people who always get high grades in their exams is because he or she is lucky?

It took me a while to realise this fact,
until a friend of mine came to me and told me she was selected to represent the campus for a competition,
And I found myself instead of saying that she is lucky,
I told her she deserved the rights to enter that competition,
at that right moment, it struck me that not everything happens out of luck.
It happens because of the efforts, time and patience given on it.
She deserves the rights to be chosen for the competition because of her endless efforts, passions, time spent and her patience in completing her research.
And that is something I envy as well as wanted to build in me.
To be honest,
I wanted to take part in that competition as well,
I wanted to stand in front and take the spotlight, making myself the center of attention,
but I didnt put in the efforts, passions, time as well as patience like my friend.
And because of that, she totally deserves it.

Thus, I taught myself,
Things does not happen because someone is too lucky or because luck was not on one's side.
Things happen because it is us who put our utmost efforts in making things happen.
By putting efforts and time, things will eventually come our way.
I might not be able to join this time,
but I believe that opportunities are always there.
I just have to work harder a bit and make sure I make the fullest use of my talent.
And for my friend, I wish you all the best in the competition and I anticipate your sharing after you are back from it. Am so excited for you! You deserve it. ^_^

Jenny~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;