Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Mistaken

I remembered back in campus,
when people question me,
"Moi. Cina kah? Mixed kah u? Campur apa?"
The normal questions received.
"Aiyo, I thought you were mixed / Sino Dusun. Dont look like Chinese leh.."
Normal responses received. Sigh.
At that time, I thought maybe because the people around me does look a lot like Chinese but aren't Chinese.
Dont get me wrong,
I am not being racist here or whatsoever,
but it is funny when people thought I am a mixed when I am actually pure Chinese.
I guess its my eyes or my fair aka pale complexion..

When I moved back to Miri for work, I thought it has ended.
Nope.
An uncle talked BM to me just now, and when I replied in Mandarin,
His shocking appearance still makes me feel funny.
His reply?
"I thought you were a Kayan! You are too fair to be a Chinese."
My reaction?
"hahahaha..."
What do you expect me to respond? -_-"'

And therefore, now I wonder.
What do those men or guys out there perceive me as?
As a Chinese or mixed or non-Chinese?
But whatsoever it is, I just wish people don get mistaken with my identity.
I am and will be a pure and not mixed.
Again, not being racist but I do get mixed feelings when people kept mistaken my identity.
Try putting yourselves in my shoes and walk with it.
You might feel funny but as time goes by, it would feel different.

Jenny~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;