Monday, October 12, 2015

Little.

The perks of being a teacher?
To have the power to create something out of nothing.

When I got my posting in Miri, I aimed for one goal.
Glory.
And because of that, i work towards that.
And I started to make little changes starting from the classes that I taught.
I felt that in order for people to recognise my accomplishments, I must do something that they can clearly see.
And thus, I started small.
By teaching and nagging my pupils about the need to greet with high enthusiasm while bowing down as a sign of respect,
By telling them to speak nicely to teachers and even resort to threatening them that if I heard any complaints, they will surely get punished.
By preparing my kids whom will perform in front of everyone,
By ensuring that whatever I learnt from other schools, I will try to be innovative and re-create it in my school.
And last but not least, ensuring that the teachers will see that their kids are as talented like all the other kids out there.
All you need is time, perseverance and commitment.

Kids might think that all this are just for my own intention of achieving glory,
but slowly, they too can see the changes happening in them.
How enthusiastic they are in the class,
How they got labelled from the worse class into a better one now,
and how the teachers paid attention to my worst class during their first-time performance in English.
As well as how teachers gave their compliments and applause after their performance.
That's the reward.

As for me?
Teachers found that I am special in my own ways.
Teachers complimented on the ways I taught my pupils to respect.
Teacher saw my creativity and my hard works in preparing kids in whatever I have planned for them.
And there is this sense of satisfaction when all the hard works I did behind the scenes get noticed and complimented.
And this drives my motivation to plant more seeds of changes in my school.
And all this thanks to my model teachers and lecturers, Mrs. Sharuliza, Mr. Charlton, Mr. John and Mdm. Vasanthi whom taught me that to create a great thing, we need to start slow and steady.

And because of that, 
I will continue strive for greater things that I have in mind.
Let's do this!

Jenny~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;