Sunday, March 22, 2020

Lockdown

22.03.2020, Sunday.
Today is supposed to be our final day of our school holiday in which we were supposed to go back to work tomorrow.
But due to the worsening situation of Covid-19 in my country, Malaysia,
we were required to adhere 2 weeks of restricted movement whereby we are required to stay at home and avoid from unnecessary outing to prevent from getting infected of the virus.

And being at home for almost 10 days by now kinda makes me feel suffocated.
My daily routine involves me waking up in the morning, on my phone, breakfast, on my phone/laptop/tv, lunch, on my phone/TV, nap, occasional exercise at home, dinner, on my phone/TV and then sleep.
And the routine starts all over again the next day.
And it kinda makes me feel really restless as I am unable to leave home,
unable to do things that I love which is teaching.

Honestly, I miss my kids a lot.
I miss teaching and telling them stories back from my day.
I miss my colleagues and their endless chatter about their daily lives and how the kids annoy them on daily basis in the classroom.
I miss working, 
doing things that are instructed and required by the admins,
and most importantly, I missed talking and being listened to.

Honestly, being at home without my parents somehow doesnt make the situation better.
And its weird feeling homesick when I am already at home.
All I can say is I hope that the condition will get better,
and all of us will be able to get by our lives as usual.
Therefore, stay at home people.
Stay safe and don't forget to wash your hands and sanitize properly!
May this huge block of obstacle pass quickly and all of us are able to enjoy the remaining 2020 in happiness and joy.

Jenny~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;