Monday, June 15, 2020

BTS. ARMY. 7th Anniversary.

I remember when BTS debuted way back in 2013 and I was in IPG at that time,
with very limited Internet connection in hostel and not knowing Youtube at the time, 
BTS was a name that was not very known by me.
I came across their music video on "Boy In Luv",
and I was mesmerized with their choreography as well as the members.
At that time, my bias was Jin. 
But that's it.
I was then fans of several other Kpop idols and the main reason of liking them was on how they looked.

Fast forward to 2017.
The year where I was struggling to keep myself afloat.
The year where I experienced dark thoughts and painful moments,
The year where my emotional side decided to take a twist,
The year where I cried the most due to insecurity,
and the year where I somehow lost myself to the wild.
I was left with no support, and nearing depression before I snapped out of it.

I remembered seeing counsellor about it,
and tried my best to stay strong while being fragile inside,
and that was when I came across BTS in my recommendation list in Youtube.
I remembered watching their "Fake Love" music video,
and I was mesmerized by the song as well as the music video.
I went and find the translation before realizing that the song clearly reflected what I was going through at that time.
I couldn't stop myself from listening to the song,
and that was when I started to fall in love with this group.
I started to listen to each and every song from their earlier albums,
I read the theories of their songs and was strengthened by each of the lyrics that depict their struggles,
as well as the conflicts that arise in their life.

Until one day, "Epiphany" was released.
I was excited as usual.
But before knowing it, I broke down in tears listening to the song.
Each line hits me hard and eventually helped me to open my eyes.
"I'm the one that I should love."
It was this song that transformed my life.
It was this song that kickstart my journey in life as an Army.
And it was this song that helped me to combat negativity and continuously move on in life.
And the rest is history.
Seeing them in tears make me feel the sadness too.
Seeing them cry on stage at the end of every era made me in tears as well.

BTS has saved me from darkness.
Their songs have pulled me out from pit of darkness and helped me to move on.
Each and every one of them are special and unique in their own ways,
just like me and you.
And their passion as well as their professionalism is something that I admire and respect.
And I want to be like them.
Always love myself, and try to be the light and bring comfort for others.
I wish to go to their concert someday and experience their love to us one day, 
and quietly wish them all the happiness no matter what happen in the future.

Thank you for bringing warmth to us.
Thank you for bringing happiness to us despite all the trials that you have went through and still going through.
Thank you for bringing comfort to us at the times when we need it the most.
Thank you for reminding us to love ourselves first before loving someone else.
Thank you for all the beautiful songs that brought tears to us.
Thank you for not giving up on us today.
Thank you, BTS.

Jenny, an Army(2017 - forever)~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;