Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Water.

When my dad accompanied me to my campus five years back,
We were all gathered with all the other parents and students in a hall.
We talked about the future and the most important thing was the director told all the parents about the water shortage that have been bugging the campus for years.
And that was five years ago.

During the whole five years in this campus, 
water shortage became from a rare item into a norm.
There is no longer the element of surprise waking up in the morning, and realised that there is no water.
Coz basically we have been trained to get used to it.
And yet lecturers could come and say to us that these are all the challenges that we will face if we get posted in rural areas.
In which, I now know how precious water is and yes, it must be even more challenging and difficult for teachers in rural areas to get water especially clean supply of it.

But one day, while calling my dad and complaining like usual as a girl who still thinks that water shortage is ok but not in the critical moment like when she is having diarrhea (this sentence is too long!),
my dad said,
"Already five years and still no changes. Dont know where all those money go."
And that struck my mind,
How can water pipes can be fixed and damaged just like that?
We just fixed it weeks ago, and now you're telling me its broken?
Is it made of glass?
Somehow, though I could only complain endlessly, but i chose not to.
What's the point?
Will the superior even look at me and listen to me, a normal trainee teacher?
Instead of complaining, I tried to learn and make full use of this "special" experiences.
I mean who knows where I could be posted next year, right?
So, when life gives you lemon, take it and make lemon pies instead.. 
teehee..

Jenny~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;